Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Direct Mystical Transmission

So I'd like to tell you now, of my journey through time
and even though its lost I'll capture it in rhyme
You see a man roughly in his twenty's standing before you
But this is hardly his first time around, sadly its true
Some people like to brag about what they've done today
but most of them haven't even been as much as halfway
You see I've seen whole universes burst forth before my eyes
Theres a whole lot of fools but only a few are truly wise
I've seen galaxies spin and whole civilizations crumble
It makes even the most prideful and strongest men humble
I've lived 6 lifespans in the course of a day
Seen between the black and white to find only grey
I pass through a door most can't even see
People stuck in a cage and they think that they're free
Day in day out people only following the herd
People afraid of anything new, strange or absurd
Most are just pawns in a grand game of chess
The nature of the universe, oh you could HARDLY guess
Everyones always so hectic and busy they end up getting lost
All this time you've paid you haven't even realized the cost
Because nothing is always something worth doing
and if you do, the multiverse is up for your viewing
Some people claim that they know and speak for GOD
I've met him FACE TO FACE and to me its still a facade
That god would focus all his attention on a SPEC of dust
You'd stand before it and you'd fill yourSELF with disgust
Do you even care about a big pile of mold?
oh mans hubris keeps on growing ever bold
So build it up then I'll just knock it down
keep playin the fool while I play the clown
Because life is nothing but a carnival ride
and its hardly over when you've finally died
but this incredibly benevolent force,
told me to follow through the entire course
and wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid
that lifes just a game well worth being played
Sometimes there's so much beauty and pain spilling out into the street
I feel like I can't take it, this symphony of the bittersweet

No comments:

Post a Comment